Do you know who you are? You probably will say yes, but do you really know? Do you dare to dig deep and answer those life questions that you fear? That you avoid. Do you REALLY want to know who you are?
Do you want to figure out what you want in life, what you think is important? If your answer is yes, continue.
Why do I need to ask myself these life questions?
You need to ask yourself these questions so that you can be true to who you are. We sometimes think that we know ourselves. That we know who we are, what we believe, and what our values are. But then, life happens.
The goal of asking yourself these hard questions is to really figure out what you want in life. Because you can only know what you want, and succeed at it, if you know who you are. You need to admit your strengths but also your weaknesses. And learn from them and use them. Even your weaknesses can be used as a strength.
Not only will you get to know yourself better. You will also identify the goals you will want to work on, your life goals. What do you really want? Who are you? What do you stand for? Where do you see yourself in a few years? What do you need to work on to achieve what you want?
By answering these questions, you will have a better understanding of what you want and what you need.
Now, let’s get some paper and a pen, and let’s start this.
The life questions – part 1
My advice is to not give yes/no answers, but explain why you said yes/no to something. Explain your answer as much as possible. Details are good.
- Do I like my life? If yes, why? If no, why?
- What is my biggest regret and what would I have done differently if I could?
- Do I really give it my all? Do I do my best in life?
- Am I a good person? What makes me a good person? What makes me not a good person?
- Does it matter what other people think about me?
- What is my biggest dream?
- What is more important to me? Money or love. And why.
- What did I want to be when I was younger?
- Am I proud of myself?
- Am I happy?
- What happens after death? What do I believe?
- What is my biggest fear?
- What is the worst lie I ever told?
- What is my biggest secret?
- Who do I look up to?
- What grade would I give my life? From 1 to 10.
- Who do I miss?
- Can I apologize if needed? Do I learn from my mistakes?
- What is the kindest thing someone ever did for me?
- What is the kindest thing that I ever did for someone else?
- How was my childhood?
- If I had only one more year to live, what would I do?
- What do I love about myself?
- What do I dislike about myself?
- How am I investing in the people that I care about?
- What is the number one thing that makes me happy?
- How do I handle fights?
- Am I emotional?
- Do I need forgiveness?
- How do I cope with stress?
- What is my best memory ever and why.
- Do I practice self-care?
- Do I love myself?
- Did I ever tell someone else’s secret? Why? What was the secret? How do I feel about it now?
- Did I ever hurt someone? What did I do? How do I feel about it?
- If my best friend would describe me in 10 words, what would he/she say?
- At what moment in my life did I feel most vulnerable?
- Do I ever look down on people? Why?
- What keeps me up at night, what worries me?
- Who am I?
- What bad habits that I have do I want to stop?
- What is my biggest motivation in life?
- Do I want to have children?
- What life lesson did I learn the hard way?
- What is something I wish I could forget?
- If I could have one superpower, what would it be?
- When was the last time I cried, why?
- What is my biggest passion?
- How do I want others to see me? What kind of person would they think I am? What values would I have?
- If I had one more day in this life, what would I do right now?
Last 10 questions
- Write down the 10 things you want to achieve this year. How are you going to achieve them? What actions do you need to take for each thing? Is it realistic? Did you already start working on these goals?
- Make a list of the people that you love most and why.
- Write down who you are missing the most and why.
- Say something nice to yourself.
- Do you need to apologize to someone? Write it down. You don’t have to send it. But you could……
- Write a letter to your 16-year-old self, what advice would you give him/her?
- Write a letter to your 80-year-old self, what do you hope your life has been like?
- What is your morning routine at the moment? Are you happy with it? What would you change about it? Is it helping you?
- What is your night routine at the moment? Are you happy with it? What would you change about it? Is it helping you?
- Write a letter to someone you have lost and tell them how your life is right now. Would they be proud?
How did it go?
Did you answer every life question? If not, which ones did you not answer? Why? Were they too personal, too hard to answer, too much effort?
How do you feel about yourself now, do you think you know yourself a little better? Were you proud of yourself or were there some disappointments?
The goal of these life questions is not to make you feel worse. It is to give you insight. So you can improve yourself. Be better. To get that life you want, be who you want to be, learn to accept who you are.
Life is a journey and we always keep growing as a person. That is totally normal. So don’t feel bad if you gave some answers you did not like, it is okay, we are all human and we all have flaws. That is also what makes us beautiful.
Did you miss some questions? What would you ask yourself that isn’t mentioned? Leave it in the comments :)!
Don’t forget that you can follow me on
If you liked this, you will probably also like: